Discovery of a pest infestation by an office based business can have disastrous consequences, causing distress, disruption along with the potential for damage to your equipment, buildings and stock.
Insects and rodents present a particular problem in offices. Why is that?
- They are incredibly well suited to taking advantage of the same conditions that humans create for themselves – warm, habitable areas
- There is often food available – either surrounding desk areas or through the office canteen facility
- There are many entry routes. Pest insects and rodents are masters of exploiting gaps and defects in buildings and with a constant procession of deliveries, staff and visitors to the office premises, insects have a perfect carrier route
- Office premises provide an abundance of places to live and hide, unseen and undisturbed – raised computer floors, plant rooms, storage cupboards, lift motor rooms, canteens and toilets to mention just a few
- The size and layout of office premises can also be a contributing factor to pest infestation with certain office formations providing the perfect breeding ground
- Rats and mice have a particular affinity with wires and cabling. Rodents have a continual need to gnaw to control the length of their rapid-growing teeth and telephone, internet and computer cabling are ideal.
Insects and rodents can cause huge operational disruption with serious financial ramifications. Moreover, staff may become demoralised and distressed by the presence of the pests which could constitute a contravention of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
The key to combating office pest infestations lies in understanding pest behaviour and proactively monitoring and managing the problem.
With over 30 years’ experience, Safeguard is expert at preventing and controlling pests within office environments; ensuring your business meets the required Health and Safety regulations.